Exocet Sea-Doo® watercraft
Prototype designed by industrial design students from the Université de Montréal’s school of design and produced by students from the mechanical engineering department at the Université de Sherbrooke. The goal of the project, which was supported by Bombardier Inc., was to design a finished and working prototype in 18 months that could be developed into a product with marketing potential. The students were to innovate in the following ways:
- design a watercraft vehicle with a unique style;
- improve high-speed comfort in terms of seating, stability and splash reduction;
- reduce noise generated by discharge pump.
- have a minimum top speed of 104 km/h;
- have room for two passengers;
- be able to operate for one hour at maximum output and comply with Canadian and U.S. Coast Guard regulations.